As I don’t want to get thrown out of the WoW Bloggers Union, I figured I’d better post a few comments about today’s 6.1 patch. Not that I have a lot to say about it. As many others have pointed out, most of this patch is really what should have been part of the initial release of WoD, if Blizz had not tried to push out a beta product as a finished expansion.
Be that as it may, the things I am most
excited about interested in are the level 4 crafted upgrades, greater availability of Savage Bloods due to the new transmute ability, and some of the garrison quality of life changes. I will probably try out the selfies and maybe do a couple of Tweets, but those seem like very temporary interests for me. The jukebox is intriguing, although I suspect I will still prefer my own iTunes playlists and keep using those when I want accompanying music to my game sessions. And of course I will run both BRF LFRs for the legendary quest items. I will also make sure my heirloom tab is set up on all my alts, maybe even buy a few upgrades for the ones I have not yet leveled.
I have some commitments that will keep me from logging on until late tomorrow. That’s probably good, as any new patch bugs — you know there will be some — should be worked out by then, and I really see no need to hurry into the patch as soon as it goes live. But for the next few days my plan is to:
1. Upgrade my crafted weapon on my first main hunter, also upgrade the crafted ring and craft a helm for level 4 upgrading. That will take, by my calculation, 120 savage bloods, so obtaining those will also be high on my list. (I am now regretting selling so many of them, but assuming the prices don’t skyrocket I should be able to buy what I need for less than I sold them for.)
2. Learn the new profession recipes, especially the 125 food ones, and cook some multistrike dishes for my hunters.
3. Start cranking out savage blood transmutes on my alchemist for additional upgrades to crafted gear on alts.
4. Start leveling a few more alts, at a leisurely pace, now that there is the possibility of using heirlooms once again. I might even start a baby hordie hunter, never tried horde before, might be kind of fun.
5. Kick back and listen to some music, launch a few follower missions and work on upgrading their gear.
Happy patch day.